The Rough Guide to MBus Modules
Aries Marixx SS-ds
Aries Marixx SS-dt
The Marixx SS-dt is
a Sun SPARCengine-10 mounted in an
in an Aries desktop chassis.
uses the same system-board mounted in a larger deskside chassis.
NOTE: some later models may actually contain
a SPARCengine-20 instead.
The model-numbers for the Marixx families are, eg:
- SS-ds/402 - deskside with two SM40 modules
- SS-ds/501 - deskside with one SM50 module
- SS-ds/612 - deskside with two SM61 modules
- SS-ds/H802 - deskside with two HM80S modules
- SS-dt/H904 - desktop with two HM90D modules
- and so on
It is not clear whether these systems use custom (non-Sun) firmware, for
instance to support Aries-specific peripherals. However, I think that is
quite unlikely. So see the SPARCstation-10.
The desktop SS-dt may be subject to the same overheating risks as the
but then again, it may do rather better.
There should be no problems with the deskside SS-ds.
Mbus Module Configuration Table